hover animation preload

Our New House!
by Liza in

Well, I guess TECHNICALLY it's not "our" new house being that we're a lease-to-own, but it WILL be ours soon! (keeping fingers crossed) We moved in on August 21st - one week after my hernia surgery. Well planned is what THAT was! "Sorry, hernia surgery lady here. No can move." "That box? Oooohhhh, I so wish I could help, but, you know, hernia surgery and all."

That's not to say that moving day wasn't a nightmare because it was. A messy, sweaty, icky nightmare. The movers were three hours late. THREE. I should have picked another moving company when I had to change the move date and the guy didn't call me back or pick up the phone until I called him FROM ANOTHER NUMBER. Probably should have taken that as a sign. But, I didn't.

So, they were three hours late. We had called three other moving companies going, "Do you have someone NOW? Because our lives are packed in boxes. Oh, and I just had hernia surgery." One company said they could have people there by the afternoon, so we held that spot. It was The Husband, my mom and myself (and Sampson). At first, it was just my mom and me. The movers were scheduled to get there about 45 minutes before TH would be home.

Sampson was super freaked all day, what with all the packing and moving his personal stuff around. And then all the waiting. When TH got home, we waited some more. Then we called the moving guy who kept telling us that his guys were AT U-HAUL RENTING the truck. They were RENTING? Don't most moving companies have their OWN trucks? Great. This was going to be great.

After the third time he told us that they were "5 minutes away" my husband called to tell him nevermind. We were going with another company. The guy got all apologetic (as he should have) and said how important our business was to him, meow, meow, meow.

So, we said we'd go with him. FINALLY the movers show up. At 1:30. They were supposed to be there at 10:30. At least they were there, though, right?

I had to head down to the house because the cable guy was showing up at 3 or 4. (Shockingly, they only gave me a 2 hour window! And the guy was on time!) So, I'm in the new house. With nothing except some Mickey D's I picked up and my blankets. My mom took Sampson home with her until it was time for everyone to move. Once the cable guy came, I had some TV to watch, so that was good.

I hadn't heard anything by 5pm, so I call my mom. No word. 6pm I call again. She's back at our old apartment and she tells me that one of the moving guys HAS TO BE AT SCHOOL by 6pm so they are waiting on a replacement. I was in shock. Mainly that we had NO CLUE that this was the situation. Lovely. I'm all alone and in mild pain and I'm certain TH is ready to lose it at any moment.

FINALLY, at around 7pm, I hear from my mom who tells me to go get pizza and beer, that the new guy showed up and they are headed down.

We finish the moving day around 9:45. A night. It's dark outside. Our front door has been open for hours and it's bugs galore inside the foyer. But...we're in. Ahh.

And so begins the adventures of our first home.

1 comments:

Louise said...

Sweet new digs, toots!

Post a Comment